Heart of the Warrior by Donya Lynne

Heart of the Warrior - Donya Lynne
Arion has it all... maybe. He has domineering parents who want what is their version of what is best for him. He has been best friends with Io for many years, but Io is a man-whore homophobic. Then Severin shows up at AKM and all of Arion's pre-set ideals get blown out of the water.

Donya Lynne deals with some serious subjects in this book - peer pressure, familial pressure, coming out, betrayal, one parent families, and racism to name just a few. It never feels like it is forced in any way though. It is all relevant to the story of Ari and Sev, which makes it all the more poignant.

I loved how Micah got to show off his sagely wisdom, in his own inimitable style; with Trace and Sam there with him every step of the way.

Extremely well-written, packed full of emotion, and certainly no editing or grammatical errors that I found, this is a book to savour, to devour, and enjoy again and again! Highly recommended.

* I received this book from More Than Words Promotions in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/04/review-by-merissa-all-kings-men-series.html