Vernal (The Royal Protector Academy #1) by Randi Cooley Wilson

Vernal: A Royal Protector Academy Novel (The Royal Protector Academy Book 1) - Randi Cooley Wilson
In the first book of Randi Cooley Wilson's new series, you can expect to be blown away just as much as you normally are with her books! If you haven't read any by her before, then you need to go and check them out! Like... immediately!! To be fair, this series will make a whole lot more sense if you have, simply because they feature a storyline and characters from the Revelations series. I could waffle on for months about Revelation and now the Royal Protector Academy series, but I'll try to contain myself to Vernal.

In this book we meet Serena, who is Abby and Callan's daughter; and Tristan, who is Gage's son. Now, something is going on and it involves them both but we don't know what's going on. The connection they have is both instantaneous and flammable! Sparks fly whenever these two are together, but they are both fighting it. During the book, we meet again with Callan, Abby, Keegan, Ash, Gage, Eve and my favourite cupcake, Kenna. It's good to know that these characters remain the same! I won't say anything else about the story as I don't want to spoil it for anyone else.

Randi is well known for dropping a big one in the first book - once again, go and read Revelation if you want to know what I'm talking about. She has done it again, and I must remain hopeful that she will make it all right within their world.

Exceptionally well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that I could see, this book is guaranteed to keep you turning the pages. It should come with a warning that once you start, you won't be able to put it down until you've finished. Then, once you have, you'll want to start it again, just to make sure that you got everything! Absolutely, definitely and highly recommended by me as I wait ever-so-patiently (!) for book 2.

* I received this book from YA Reads in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/07/blog-tour-review-giveaway-vernal-royal.html