Under Your Skin (For Your Love #1) by Shannyn Schroeder

Under Your Skin (A For Your Love Novel) - Shannyn Schroeder
This book is the first in a spin-off series, although I have never read any of the books in the other series it did not have any impact that I am aware of for this story.

We start off with Norah, a twenty-two year old who is seven months pregnant. This was not planned, and in fact, the father still knows nothing about it. Her family are giving her grief over her not telling them who the father is, but as he doesn't know yet, she doesn't want them to beat him up for something that took two to make!

Kai is an ex-con who has managed to leave that life behind him and has opened up a tattoo shop. He has made himself quite a reputation and life is good. He is very strict about having boundaries, and does not like it when one part of his life crosses over to other parts.

These two first meet when Norah visits Kai's shop, where her brother works. Then she gets hired by Kai to look after his mom whilst she recovers from a knee operation.

There is lots that goes on in this book - you have Kai's past and present that he is dealing with, Norah has to deal with her pregnancy, the father, and then decides she wants Kai too. Although it was good to see a woman go after what she wants, it seemed a bit much and full of drama at parts.

Well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that I saw, this is a contemporary romance that some people with thoroughly enjoy, whilst others don't. Perhaps it would be best to read the O'Leary series first, to get an idea of the author's style of writing. I don't know. I enjoyed this book and would recommend it to all fans of contemporary romance.

* I received this book from NetGalley in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/07/blurb-blitz-review-giveaway-under-your.html