Shift (The Caelian Cycle #3) by Donnielle Tyner

Shift (The Caelian Cycle Book 3) - Donnielle Tyner
In the final edition of the Caelian Cycle, we start off being with Sadie as she spends her time with her aunt. With Finicky Francis there to tell her what she should be doing and wearing at any given time, her time there isn't as much 'fun' as she was expecting. However, this all changes with the arrival of Luca and McCredie. With tragedy and loss to contend with, Sadie has her work cut out for her.

This IS the third book in a series, so you do have to have read the first two for it to make any sense whatsoever. However, if you have read them, then you are in for a treat. This book isn't as full of action as the others, being more introspective as Sadie tries to understand her Talent before it overwhelms her.

I did feel that the ending came about all too quickly for my liking. I was completely engrossed in the story and then (it seemed) like within a few pages, it was all done and dusted. This was slightly disappointing as it was what the three books had been building up to. Also there was the question of the moles and how it impacted Sadie and co once they knew who they were.

Shift was extremely well-written, with no editing or grammatical errors to distract the eye. The only thing taking away that fifth star was the abruptness of the ending. However, everything was still concluded nicely so, with that, I would have no hesitation in recommending this series or this book.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/07/review-by-merissa-shift-caelian-cycle-3.html