Choosing Home (The Call of Home #1) by Alexa Milne

Choosing Home (The Call of Home Book 1) - Alexa Milne
In the first book of the Call of Home series, we meet Zac - an ex-football player and now hotel owner, and Seth - a man of mystery who is recovering from an accident and works from home. These two both of have secrets, from each other and from the world. Will they find what it takes to explain everything, or will they continue hiding?

This is a well-written and smooth story. The plot flows along, with no major angst or heartbreak throughout, apart from Seth's descriptions of the bullying he had to contend with. If anything, that would be my only complaint - things went a bit TOO smoothly. Big expectations of what would happen if Zac came out, but then it sort of fizzled away. Big expectations of what would happen if Seth came out, and then once again, it sort of fizzled away. This isn't a bad thing necessarily, it just felt a bit strange that none of the issues that had been built up to be something huge, actually came about.

On the whole though, this was a thoroughly enjoyable story, a gentle romance with spots of steam. Recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/07/review-by-merissa-choosing-home-call-of.html