Counting Daisies (Counting #1) by Nicola Haken

Counting Daisies - Nicola Haken
This is the first book of Nicola Haken's that I have read, but I can guarantee you that it won't be the last!

This book tells the story of Cameron and Dylan, and it starts when they are teenagers - best friends and more, thinking they can do anything they want to. However, Dylan is taken away due to tragic circumstances and things don't turn out quite as planned for him. Cameron though, has managed to keep to his plan and has made a success of his life, even though he is young.

This book is dark and brutal in places. I was worried that the drugs would be somehow 'glamourised', but nothing could be further from the truth. It is raw and harsh, showing the horrors that Dylan and Cameron go through. This book has "more darkness than the night."

HOWEVER, it is also a story of hope and love, call that the light if you will. Sometimes, that isn't enough by itself and you need help. Will Cameron and Dylan cope with the darkness, whilst they search for the light?

Counting Daisies is an emotional read that got me many amused looks as I read it during a flight from the UK back home to Germany! At least I know for the future that reading Nicola Haken's books require tissues to be around too! Absolutely heartbreaking and yet full of hope, this book is simply amazing and I would recommend it to everyone!

* I received this book from Enticing Journey Promotions in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/08/release-tour-review-giveaway-counting.html