Second Sight Box Set: A Psychic Romance Series by Hazel Hunter

Second Sight Box Set: A Psychic Romance Series - Hazel Hunter
Second Sight Boxed Set is the full collection of 6 books, regarding Isabelle and Mac. Isabelle is a psychic, whilst Mac is an FBI agent. These two are definitely a case of opposites attract. The 6 books cover two different crime situations - one is with a serial killer, and the other is a missing person. Now obviously, there is more to it than this, but those are the bare basics.

Whilst I am a fan of Hazel Hunter's work, this box set just didn't quite hit the mark for me. I actually enjoyed the crime/suspense part of it more than I did the relationship. That just didn't work for me as Isabelle and Mac didn't actually talk about anything, let alone try to deal with any problems. All they did was have sex... a LOT of sex. And all I will say is if I ever felt the way that they do during sex, I'd probably go see a doctor! I don't know. I know a lot of people will just say it was really hot, yada, yada, yada, but it didn't work for me.

I also found a few loose ends that you would think would be tied up after six books. For example, Ben's insistence that Isabelle was bad for Mac and his career, and by opposition, Yolanda's insistence that it would all end badly for them. A big deal was made of this, but nothing actually came of it.

Although these books are very well-written, I did feel like something was missing. I'm not sure what. There are parts that I loved, and parts that I didn't. Take a chance and see for yourself, that's what I recommend.

* I received this book from the author in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/09/review-by-merissa-second-sight-box-set.html