BLURB BLITZ, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - The Truth She Knew (The Truth Series #1) by J.A. Owenby

The Truth She Knew (The Truth Series) - J. A. Owenby
The Truth She Knew is a simply outstanding book. I have only just finished it, and I am desperate for more. Words just cannot express how good a job J.A. Owenby has done with this. It is raw, heartbreaking, funny, shocking, all in all, a must-read!

Lacey is living her 'normal'. She pretends to her friends, even her close ones, and deals with her mama whichever way she can. Walker is dealing with his own trials; his mother is terminally ill and he knows that he doesn't have much longer with her. These two get together and you feel that all is right with the world. He supports her, protects her, wherever and whenever he can - even against her own family. In return, she loves and adores his family, doing all she can to help. Of course, it isn't all plain-sailing, and Walker does something that almost made me throw my kindle at the wall!!! It is hard to remember sometimes, that he is only supposed to be 18/19, and we all did stupid things then, especially when under stress.

Events happen in this book that are heartwarming and heartbreaking. You will ride an emotional rollercoaster from start to finish. Lacey could break from all that happens, but she doesn't. You know she doesn't because the story starts in the present day, before going back 20 years. This book is part of a series though, so be warned - it doesn't all finish nicely in this book, no matter how much you might want it to! I found myself stuck in a paradox as I really wanted to know how it ended, but I didn't want to stop reading.

Exceptionally well-written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this book is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend this to everyone as a must-read for 2016! And I really can't wait for Echoes Beneath which is book 2 in the series.

* I received this book from Goddess Fish Promotions in return for a fair and honest review. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/10/blurb-blitz-review-giveaway-truth-she.html