The Heart of Texas (Texas #1) by R.J. Scott

The Heart of Texas - R.J. Scott
The Heart of Texas starts with poor little rich boy Riley not getting the shares in the family company that he expected. Like a spoilt child, he is determined to find a way so that he gets what he feels he deserves, including using secrets that a friend has told him. Do you like Riley yet? Probably not, but trust me, you will. When all of the secrets come out, and the layers are peeled away, you have a story that will bring tears to your eyes, as one after another character touches your heart.

Jack is brilliant from the word go. He loves his family and will do anything to look out for them - even marry Riley. He makes no pretence about who or what he is, and I love him for all of it.

There are so many fantastic characters in this book, and the relationships they all have, I really can't begin to tell you. With big brother/little sister, mother/son, mother/daughter-in-law, friendship, best friend-to-lover, it's all here. And it is all outstanding!

Exceptionally well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow, this was a thoroughly enjoyable book from start to finish. Absolutely recommended by me!

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/10/review-by-merissa-texas-series-1-to-7.html