Dark & Dazzling (Sassy Boyz #2) by Elizabeth Varlet

Dark & Dazzling - Elizabeth Varlet
Dark and Dazzling is the second book in the Sassy Boyz series, and is definitely a shade darker than the first. There is no trigger warning except for the carefully worded last sentence in Z's part of the synopsis. If rape fantasy is one of your triggers, then please be aware of this!

So, moving along from that, we meet up again with the Sassy Boyz, only this time they're not all in it as much. The focus is definitely on Azariah and how he tries to deal with everything by himself, instead of asking those he loves for help. Of course, Connelly is almost the opposite of that, and tries to fix everyone he meets. As you can imagine, these two have quite a journey to make.

Yes, this is darker, and yes, I was amazed at the direction in which the story went. I had no idea it would go that way (I won't say anything else so I don't spoil it). However, the story did flow with a smooth and steady pace. It was extremely well written, with insights into the main characters. Back up was provided by Ansel and Fitch (who I still love), so that was a good thing.

This story, although harder hitting than the first, is an excellent addition to the series, with the story moving along, and new dancers introduced too. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and can't wait for more.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/11/review-by-merissa-sassy-boyz-series-1-2.html