REVIEW BY MERISSA - Amethyst (Guardian #1) by Heather Bowhay

Amethyst - Heather Bowhay
Amethyst starts off with Lexi having a premonition, and dealing with it. You find out, as the story continues, that she ignored one premonition, and now feels the guilt of not saving a man. So she says she isn't going to ignore any more, and there we are. This is not a normal 'save' though, as there are other people there too, both good and bad as far as Lexi can tell. A while later, someone at work starts talking to her, a new friendship is born, and things take a turn for the interesting.

This is an intriguing story, with lots of potential. I loved the Healer/Guardian/Amethyst side of things. I didn't like Lexi not knowing what was going on, but only because that meant that I didn't know what was going on either. The story moves along at a good pace, with a good amount of build up. It does end on a cliffhanger (sort of) so fair warning, but it is a continuing story!

The one thing that didn't work as well for me was the whole relationship with Ash. I just didn't get it, or him. I'm sure the reasons for him being in the story will become clearer in the subsequent books, but it just didn't do it for me. I'm not a big fan of the whole triangle thing anyway, but I honestly just couldn't see a connection between Lexi and him.

It was well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. I would recommend it to all fans of YA Paranormal Romance.

* Verified Purchase - March 2013 *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/11/review-by-merissa-amethyst-guardian-1.html