The Seer's Daughter (Beyond the Grave #1) by Athena Daniels

The Seer's Daughter (Beyond The Grave Series Book 1) - Athena Daniels
If you are looking for a book to give you goosebumps and keep you watching over your shoulder, then I can recommend this one! Now, to be fair, I don't read horror as my imagination is overactive and this is probably as close to it as I could get. BUT this didn't seem like horror to me, just an exceedingly well-written supernatural suspense, that gave me tingles at all the right moments.

Sage and Ethan belong together - you know this from the moment they meet. Instead of the usual miscommunication to deal with though, these two have a serial killer, a paranormal investigative unit, and a lack of information both from friends and family, and also the unit that Ethan works for. Both Sage and Ethan are excellent main leads, with sassy attitudes and wit to spare. I loved how they were when they were together, although I did want to kick Ethan at one point, just on Sage's behalf you understand!

I got dragged away from this book late in the evening by my husband, as I had an exceedingly early start the next day. This didn't stop me from thinking about the book and what I had read for well over an hour after the lights went out, as well as dreaming about it! If you want a spooky supernatural suspense, with a heat warning too, then I can most definitely recommend this book.

Although it does round off nicely for this book, you are left with a natural cliffhanger which will leave you aching to get your hands on book 2!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/11/review-by-merissa-beyond-grave-series-1.html