The Alchemist's Son (Beyond the Grave #2) by Athena Daniels

The Alchemist's Son - Athena Daniels
The Alchemist's Son is the concluding part of the Beyond The Grave series, and a more fitting, climatic, and chilling ending to this story I can't possibly imagine.

Sage and Ethan are still fighting against the demon possession that is in town, whilst Ethan is also trying to ensure that the government doesn't step in to 'help' like they did last time. The scenes between these two are off the charts heatwise, but it isn't just about sex with them. It may sound corny (but it isn't) but there is a real connection between the two that made for fantastic reading. Ethan has a bit of a wobble when he realises that his traditional methods of keeping someone safe just don't apply to Sage or the situation they are both in. As soon as he realised that, things went a lot easier for him. The team is with them this time, but that won't help with the things that go bump in the night!

I really can't state how much I was dragged into this story!!! From the very start of The Seer's Daughter, to the last word of this book, I was completely engrossed in Sage and Ethan's story. None of it was a simple, straightforward read where you can relax whilst you read. No, this was a gripping, chilling, on the edge of your seat read that had you doubting the outcome right up to the very end. Of course, it's also not good for your nerves when you're in the middle of the book when you hear a crash come from the kitchen. Upon checking, a knife had fallen out of the knife block onto the worktop. So thanks for that, Athena Daniels, I will probably be sleeping with the lights on tonight... and maybe for the rest of the month too.

This book was extremely well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. With enough romance and suspense to keep me insanely happy, I highly recommend this book, and series, to simply everyone!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/11/review-by-merissa-beyond-grave-series-1.html?zx=3fd86bab2c7b4fa2