REVIEW BY MERISSA - Staying Home (The Call of Home #3) by Alexa Milne

Staying Home - Alexa Milne
Staying Home is the third book in The Call of Home series, and we meet Sam Carmichael, the Reverend for the local Church of Scotland. He is gay, but keeps it to himself. He has become friendly with Tosh, whose husband was murdered in the previous book. Darach, partner to Brice, is an ex of Tosh's and also had 'liaisons' with Sam when they were a lot younger, so he worries that Sam is using Tosh and does his best to stick his oar in!

Sam and Tosh both have different things to work through. Sam in particular has a little bombshell that he has been keeping to himself. I thought that this part of the book was extremely well written, with honesty but without any overdramatisations. With everything that these two go through, you hope for a happy ending, but you're not completely sure you're going to get one.

One thing I will just say (without saying too much) is that Sam and Tosh did something when they were away that I had been hoping for! It brought tears to my eyes, and I loved every moment of that scene.

Very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt your reading flow, I would recommend you read the previous two books before starting this one.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book and my comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,, , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/11/review-by-merissa-staying-home-call-of.html