REVIEW TOUR - A Family for Christmas by Jay Northcote

A Family for Christmas - Jay Northcote
A Family for Christmas has got to be THE most feel-good book I've read this Christmas season! Zac had a rough upbringing, was in the system, and now he refuses to let anyone get close in an attempt to keep from being hurt. Rudy has everything that Zac could ever want, but Zac doesn't want anything to do with him. Until, that is, they go out with the office for Christmas drinks and tequila is involved! Rudy manages to get under Zac's skin, but Zac is still confused and terrified of what happens next. Rudy is shy and slightly awkward, Zac is more wordly in some ways, but not others. Together, this pair make their Christmas bright, for themselves and everyone else.

I loved these two - it's a simple as that. Now, don't get me wrong, this is definitely a Christmas book, and because of that I can enjoy things that I would normally find irritating. This book is hot in places, but it is also sugary sweet. Normally I don't do this amount of sweetness, but here, it works. There is no angst or misunderstandings between Zac and Rudy. Instead, the misunderstanding comes from Rudy's mum and family.

I will just say that from a personal point of view, the idea of playing games is my idea of hell. Luckily Zac is happier to join in than I would be!!!!

Exceedingly well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this is a story to read every Christmastime to get into the mood! Definitely recommended by me.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and my comment here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/12/review-tour-family-for-christmas-by-jay.html