Kiss of the Virgin Queen (Kiss of the Jinni Hunter #2) by Sharon Buchbinder

Kiss of the Virgin Queen - Sharon Buchbinder
Kiss of the Virgin Queen is the second book in the Kiss of the Jinni Hunter series, and we get more about Eliana - the Homeland Security Operative mentioned in book 1. She is still hunting the Jinnis, and now has more information on werewolves too. She gets called to a new location to help with the disappearance of six children, 3 boys and 3 girls. Once she gets there, she realises that she needs the help of someone that she never thought she would see again, Arta.

This book is set between the past and the present, with two sets of main characters. They are linked together, but not the reincarnations of the historical set. Eliana is a descendant of the Queen of Sheba, and Arta is a descendant of Shirvad, a shape shifting lion. Both stories are eloquently written.

This book was enjoyable, but it just didn't 'zing' as much for me, and I'm not sure why. I think part of it may have been Eliana herself. She says that she is angry at Arta for leaving her for dead. Even the synopsis says that he is on her blacklist. However, when they meet, all she does is flirt with him, saying that they will have an intimate chat once everything is over. Now, I'm not one for unnecessary angst or miscommunication in books, but I think that I would have been a bit more "grrrr" if that had been me, even if I did like him!

Well written, with no editing or grammatical errors, this book was a good addition to the series.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2016/12/review-by-merissa-kiss-of-jinni-hunter.html