RELEASE BLITZ & REVIEW - Scapulimancist (Seven Forbidden Arts #7) by Charmaine Pauls

Scapulimancist (Seven Forbidden Arts Book 7) - Charmaine Pauls
Scapulimancist is the seventh book in the Seven Forbidden Arts series, and is amazing in its own right. Sahara (usually known as Sara) has the ability to control/manipulate animals. She doesn't use this ability for fun, knowing the consequences of being found, but rather for her own safety and to help her do her job. Wayne is a convicted murderer who has no memory of actually committing the crime. He has served his time, and now scrapes a living from the man who bought out his farm and land, who Wayne is also convinced is crooked but has no proof as yet.

Surprisingly enough, the majority of the book passes by without a mention of the others, and I thoroughly enjoyed this. Sara and Wayne, with their story and the supporting cast that they have, needed no "hold ups". Sara is sassy and feisty, Wayne refuses to allow her in (yeah right, like THAT'S going to happen!) and so their story takes off. The scenery is painted vividly, and the stately grace of the encounters with the elephants is described so perfectly, it caught my breath.

As with all of Charmaine Pauls' books, this is extremely well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. It is an excellent addition to the series, whilst standing capably on its own feet. I would recommend reading the whole series though, simply because you would be missing out on some fantastic stories if you didn't. Highly recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,, , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/01/release-blitz-review-scapulimancist.html