BLOG TOUR, REVIEW, EXCERPT, & #GIVEAWAY - Painted On My Heart by Kindle Alexander

Painted On My Heart - Kindle Alexander, Reese Dante, Jae Ashley
My review and star rating for Painted on My Heart may not seem to tally up, but please bear with me as I try to explain. First of all, I LOVE Kindle Alexander as an author. All of her books are thoroughly edited, formatted, and generally top of the range, which is excellent for me as it means I can get completely lost in her stories.

Now, as far as the book is concerned, I really REALLY enjoyed it. I didn't want to stop reading it to get some sleep, and couldn't wait to start reading it again in the morning. However, there were niggles in there that kept nagging at me. I love how major characters from both Secret and The Current Between Us make an appearance, and even help guide the story. They help without taking over. It's all good so far.

The thing is, I didn't warm to Kellus as much as I wanted to, as much as I thought I would at the beginning. I was expecting to dislike Arik as he flashed his cash around, and although he did indeed do things behind Kellus' back, it was all done with Kellus' safety and benefit in mind. I think, for me, there was just a bit too much imbalance in their relationship. Yes, Kellus mentions about how much money Arik is spending on him, and yes, Arik also questions whether Kellus is as into the relationship as he is, but... I don't know. It just didn't sit right. It certainly did seem that Kellus' actions were completely different to his words. And his family's intervention? I get that, I really do, but to leave it so long without checking up on him? Even if he hadn't been in touch with them? I found that a bit hard to swallow. Especially when Kellus' mum was surprised that he had a new boyfriend and didn't tell them?! I love how Kellus was when we first met him, and I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of Arik's pursuit and how he gently brought Kellus out of his shell. However, with an event that happens towards the end, it just didn't sit right from then on. I AM happy with Arik and Kellus getting their HEA, and would love to read more about them.

As a whole, this book is excellent, and I can definitely recommend it. It's just there were some queries for me personally. This in no way disrupted my enjoyment of the story!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

,, , , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/01/blog-tour-review-excerpt-giveaway.html