Rain (A Stranger in the Woods #1) by India R. Adams

Rain (A Stranger in the Woods, #1) - India R. Adams
Rain is the first book in the A Stranger in the Woods series, and it starts off with a bang. Rose is looking after her younger siblings as her mother struggles to live. There is a plague that has decimated her village, it has already claimed her father, and numerous friends. The person who has been there for Rose throughout is Gunner. They have been best friends for years, but Gunner thinks that he wants to take it further. Everyone else is expecting it, but when it does happen, it's not as Rose imagined. Whilst this is going on, we meet Ryder, a Guardian, who is instantly attracted to Rose for reasons he doesn't really comprehend. Only time will tell how these three will work things out.

Now, where do I start? This story is fresh and original, it is compelling, it is heartbreaking, it is hopeful. India R. Adams has a way of writing that draws you in, that makes you want to read more, even at stupid o'clock! I will admit to be slightly worried at the start as love triangles aren't really my thing, but how this story was told... well, it all just makes sense! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Of course, I mean that generally as there are parts that had me sobbing. With feisty families, fabulous friends, gorgeous Guardians, and more 'bad guys' than you can shake a stick at, there is something here for everyone.

This book was extremely well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. I really can't recommend it highly enough, if you are looking for a fresh paranormal/fantasy romance. Absolutely brilliant! Also, have you SEEN that cover? Simply stunning, I love it!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/rainastrangerinthewoods1byindiaradams