Blue Waters (Tainted Waters #1) by India R. Adams

Blue Waters - India R. Adams
Okay, so first off, if you follow my reviews, you know that even really good novellas usually only get 4-stars as I am usually left with 'something' that I still need from the story. NOT SO with Blue Waters. This novella is simply outstanding, especially when you consider that I honestly thought I wouldn't like it! Let me explain...

Our main characters in this are Link and Whit to begin with. The story starts with Whitney telling you how much money she and Link have, and how everyone thinks they are so privileged. This was the bit where I eye-rolled. Nevertheless, I carried on because I have read more than on of India R. Adams' books and know that they are usually wonderful. And so this turned out to be! Whit and Link have an amazing friendship, being there for each other through everything - well, most things. Whit isn't up herself enough to not apologise when she knows she is in the wrong, so that went down brilliantly! A night at the cinema changes things, both for the story, and for Link and Whit. She meets a guy called Crash who will change her life forever.

There is so much to this story, it hardly seems right to class it as a novella, but it is. Twists, turns, layer upon layer of intrigue, drama, heartbreak, kidnap, death. Jeez, it takes my breath away just thinking about it. This story sucker-punched me right in the feels at the end, and the best of it is, I didn't mind one bit. Hopefully I've said enough to intrigue you without giving anything away.

Exceptionally well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this book will keep you completely engrossed. Highly recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/taintedwaters12byindiaradams