Cruel Temptation (The Covenant Series #2) by Betty Shreffler

Cruel Temptation (The Covenant Series Book 2) - Betty Shreffler
Cruel Temptation is the second book in The Vampire Covenant series, and continues Kayci's story as she takes over leadership of the Covenant. She has big plans for them, including a new Trinary Covenant, in which Vampires, Werewolves, and Witches, are all pledged to each other. In view of this, she sets up a meeting which initially goes well. However, although the Werewolf representatives agree in principle, it actually isn't their call as their Alpha is too unwell to travel. He asks to meet Kayci in person, to which she agrees. Adrian is wary of this, and only calms down when one of the other Covenant members, Dr Allis, agrees to go with her. Things take a twist when she goes there, and a close friend of Kayci's is murdered. Suddenly, there is a lot of action going on. There is also the possibility of something going on with Cass-Kayci-Adrian, which I'm not too sure how I feel about, as I loathe 'triangles'.

With plenty of action, layer upon layer of meaning and mystery, this book practically reads itself. The pages turn as you are engrossed by the story, by what will happen next, and to whom. There is betrayal and there is love. I'll leave it to you to read and find out! With no editing or grammatical errors, this is a fast paced story that will delight and intrigue, leading nicely to book three with plenty of questions still unanswered. Recommended by me.

* Verified Purchase - November 2016 *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/thevampirecovenantseries23bybettyschreffler