Sixteen (The Dreamwalker Diaries #2) by Jen Estes

Sixteen - Jen Estes
Sixteen continues approximately six months after Fifteen finished. Ashling is on community service for trying to buy sleeping pills, Tate and Nadette are still missing, and Ashling is still without her mum. She decides that if she can just find Dr Dietz, she will find a way to dreamwalk again, so that she can save her mum from dying. She finds Dr Dietz, plus a whole more than she ever imagined. She does manage to dreamwalk again, but to a different time and place than she wanted. Walker Smith is still a horrible character, he still treats Skylar as not being worthy of him (for reasons she still doesn't know about).

Numerous twists and turns keep this story interesting. With new characters, old favourites, and old ones who become new, there is something here for everyone. I love that we meet Coop in this one and, although I understand the reasoning behind it, I'm not too happy with the hinting of a love triangle between Coop, Caleb, and Ash. That's just me, I don't like triangles, never have, and probably never will. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out, and now I just have to wait as patiently as possible for the next book to come out.

Extremely well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, Sixteen continues to impress with the fresh ideas and circumstances detailed within its pages. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@jenestesdotcom, @CuriosityQuills, #Science_Fiction, #Dystopian, #Young_Adult, #Time_Travel, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/sixteenthedreamwalkerdiaries2byjenestes