Single Malt (Agents Irish and Whiskey #1) by Layla Reyne

Single Malt - Layla Reyne
Single Malt starts off with Aidan. He is recovering from a serious accident in which he lost his husband and his partner. He has been cleared to go back to work and wants to get back in the thick of it. His sister-in-law and boss, Mel, gives him a flashdrive which contains encrypted information with possible links to the accident. He also is 'given' a new partner, Jameson Walker, also known as Whiskey. Jamie has had a crush on Aidan for the past 3 years, but didn't do a thing about it as he knew that Aidan was married. Now he's not doing anything about it because he can see that Aidan is still hurting. Instead, he tries to become the best partner he can be, as they both try to figure out what is going on with a laboratory that could possibly make bio-weapons.

Holy moly, this was good!!! Aidan and Jamie, or Irish and Whiskey, are absolutely fantastic - both separate and together. They are in sync in so many ways, and the tension is HOT between them. Jamie gives Aidan the space he needs to figure out what is going. This is an incredibly in-depth book, and I had no way of knowing 'whodunnit' until it was laid out for me. This is the first book in a series though, so don't expect all the answers to be given here.

This book had a bit of everything for me - romance, suspense, intrigue, dirty dealings, love lost, love gained, family, heartache - it's all here. And written in a way that is both fast-paced and smooth. There were no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, and the whole story was completely enthralling, leaving me definitely wanting more. Absolutely fantastic, and definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@LaylaReyne, @TRRtweet, #M_M, #Romance, #Suspense, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/singlemaltagentsirishandwhiskey1bylaylareyne