Alien Salvation (World of Kalquor #4) by Tracy St. John

Alien Salvation - Tracy St. John
Alien Salvation is the fourth book in the World of Kalquor series, and in my opinion, is the best book so far. The Kalquorians are searching Earth, or what's left of it, trying to contain the devastation left by the nuclear bombs, and also trying to find the Empress' family. The same family are hiding out in Florida, unknown to the looters who are nearby, or the Kalquorians. When a small scout ship lands, Lindsey decides that she will do whatever it takes to get food for her parents. When she realises that the 'trade' isn't as bad as she thought it would be, she is more than happy to carry. With adventures and mishaps along the way, Lindsey and her clan need to figure out what is the right thing to do, and what is the right thing for them.

This book is very well written, giving the reader no doubt about how much Lindsey loves her family. Tara is a wonderful character, so serene and yet full of wit and humour at times. Aaron is everything a father should be towards his daughter - loving and protective. The clan themselves seemed a bit disjointed when we first meet them, but with Lindsey there, they all grow and mould into one cohesive unit. This book will tug on the emotions, it has more sorrow in it than the previous books. This series is turning out to be a secret surprise, and definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/aliensalvationworldofkalquor4bytracystjohn