REVIEW BY MERISSA - The Witch's Cauldron by Roswitha Hedrun

The Witch's Cauldron - Roswitha Hedrun, Charlotte C. Milstein
First of all, don't be taken in by the cover of this book - it's not like that at all! This is a story translated from the German original and also based in Germany. The story is rich in detail and depth and will draw you in. The descriptions of Tora as she copes with the tragedy that befall her are simply wonderful and give you a real idea of what she is dealing with.

The story will carry you along with Tora as she meets and befriends different people and as she has to deal with others who are not so nice. There is mention of witchcraft in the book but it is mainly what is 'classed' as witchcraft in the Middle Ages (such as having red hair!) as she trains to be a medicinal/cloister cook. Tora does use her inner senses and can sometimes see auras throughout the book but once again, this is just part of who she is rather than anything 'special'.

I didn't know what to expect from this book and very nearly didn't read it but I'm so glad I gave it a shot! Absolutely brilliant piece of historical fiction to be kept and re-read. It is a long book so it is definitely something to get your teeth into.

Recommended for all Historical Fiction fans.

* Verified Purchase - November 2012 *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

#Historical, #Romance, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/thewitchscauldronbyroswithahedrun