REVIEW BY MERISSA - Degree of Resistance (Pacifica Rising #1) by Nicola M. Cameron

Degree of Resistance (Pacifica Rising Book 1) - Nicola M. Cameron
Degree of Resistance is the first book in a new series by Nicola M. Cameron in the #Cyberpunk/#Science_Fiction genres. In this series, climate change is real. There is snow in the Sahara, places in India are only inhabitable for about 3 months out of 12, due to the searing heat in the summer and freezing in the winter. After The Warming happened, life was chaos, but some form of normality has been regained. However, it only takes one thing to knock everything off balance. This is what happens to Evie when her boyfriend/fiance dies, and she is suddenly in charge of a 6-year old. She makes decisions and sacrifices, changing her life towards a new direction. Eleven years later, she hears a story from her daughter which throws her life into chaos once again.

This is exceptionally well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. The story is intriguing, with lots of twists and turns to keep your interest. There are more shocks and surprises as the book continues. This story is wrapped up nicely, whilst still leaving you wanting more, and leading nicely onto the next book. A new direction from Nicola M. Cameron, and definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@YesItsNicolaC, #Cyberpunk, #Romance, #Science_Fiction, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/degreeofresistancepacificarising1bynicolamcameron