BLOG TOUR, REVIEW, & #GIVEAWAY - Sight Unseen by Susan Mac Nicol

Sight Unseen - Susan Mac Nicol
Sight Unseen is a standalone story by Susan Mac Nicol, that details the long friendship of two men, and how things have turned out differently than expected. When they were seventeen, they had a "dirty weekend" away, and Cody thought it was the start of something special. He had given his heart away to Nate, and looked forward to the future. Unfortunately for him, Nate's father had a different view on things, and Nate made a decision which hurt both him and Cody. Luckily, they were able to keep their friendship, although Cody's feelings never dissipated.

This book is about what happens when Nate has an accident and loses his sight. How Cody helps him, how Jon doesn't. How things really are manageable if you set your mind to it. This story is about hope, about not giving up, about hurt and pain, about friendship and love. It is quite simply outstanding. I was completely enthralled with what was happening, although I was impatient for Nate and Cody to sort themselves out!

Sight Unseen is exceptionally well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. It is told from a dual perspective, which is incredible when you realise that one of those perspectives in Nate's. All of the detail is there that you could possibly wish for. Actually, scrap that. There is one detail that was never cleared up, and that is who hit Nate and caused the accident. We are told it's a female, but the nasty, vindictive part of me really wanted it to be Caleb and for him to be caught! Yes, I know, it's horrible of me, but still... ;)

In case you haven't realised by now, I thought this book was amazing, and would most definitely, highly, and without doubt, recommend it!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/03/blog-tour-review-giveaway-sight-unseen.html