REVIEW BY MERISSA - No Matter What by Sydney Presley

No Matter What - Sydney Presley
No Matter What is the first book I have read by this author, and I would definitely like to read more. It tells the story of Quinn, who moved to the country away from London, because he never felt like he fitted in. The fact that he is a wolf shifter may have some bearing on it, but not all. He is slowing doing up the property he lives in, and is content by himself. Goddard is the other main male, ex-army with a dangerous secret in his past, on the run and stops by chance at Quinn's place.

This is well written, with the British-ness oozing out on every page! There is a clear outline to the story, and the pace is smooth and consistent. There were no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow. Although this story was very entertaining, it lacked a certain oomph between the main two. Now, don't get me wrong, I thought they were great together, but there was just 'something' missing. Perhaps it was Quinn not knowing for sure if Goddard was his mate. Perhaps it was Goddard thinking of leaving his mate. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it. I did LOVE the climatic ending and epilogue though, they were simply superb, which is just one of reasons that I would love to read more by this author.

For a quick coffee break read, with British banter and hot scenes, then I can recommend this.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@sydneypresley1, @PridePublishing, #M_M, #Paranormal, #Romance, #Suspense, #Novella, 3 out of 5 (good)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/nomatterwhatbysydneypresley