REVIEW BY MERISSA - Curse of the Healer (Descendants of the High King #1) by Ashley York

Curse of the Healer - Ashley York
Curse of the Healer is the first book in the Descendants of the High King series, and introduces us to a world gone by, a world very different to our own. Aednat was born with a clubbed foot, and banished from her clan by her grandfather. Her cousin, Sean, returns her to the fold when he takes over, but Aednat is never quite welcomed. Also, as a healer, she is regarded with suspicion and mostly ignored unless her skills are needed. Sean calls for a meeting of all the clan leaders, but betrayal leads to Aednat being on the run, under the care of Diarmuid. Oengus believes she is the Great Healer, and as such, wants her power. Diarmuid will do anything he can to protect her.

This is an exceedingly well written book that will enfold you within the mists of time. There was nothing about this story that stood out as being false, or as being in the wrong time zone! There were no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, and the pace was smooth. With a very good group of main and supporting characters, I can't wait to head back and read more in this series. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@ashleyyork1066, @cvr_designer, #Historical, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/curseofthehealerdescendantsofthehighking1byashleyyork