REVIEW BY MERISSA - Bitten by Mistake (Regent's Park Pack, #1) by Annabelle Jacobs

Bitten By Mistake - Annabelle Jacobs
Bitten by Mistake is the first series in the Regent's Park Pack series, set in London, England. It starts off with Jared on a night out, looking for some fun. He goes to a club where he is spotted by a shifter called Nathan. Jared makes it clear that, for his own reasons, he is not interested in being with a shifter. Nathan gets called away, and the story moves on. Skip forward and Nathan catches Jared, thinking he is someone else. He bites him, and due to his wounds, Jared goes unconscious.

This is a wonderful start to a series, which explores in more detail a wolf pack that doesn't actually spend every moment in wolf form. Instead, you learn how the wolf pack rules are invoked in human form, including all the new rules and regulations that packs must follow to stop just anyone getting bitten. Our two main characters change from not particularly liking each other, to being thoroughly bonded, to the extent that they do not like being physically apart from each other.

This was very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. There were a couple of moments that I would have liked a bit more 'history' on - why Jared was scent marked by the man in the club, and who he was. And also involving Jared, the shifter and circumstances from his past. You get the rough outline of the story, but not the nitty-gritty details. OK, so I guess neither of these would have a massive impact on the story, but you already know I'm nosy!

This book finishes nicely, whilst possibly leading onto a new romance with two other characters, which I am looking forward to reading. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/04/review-tour-giveaway-bitten-by-design.html