REVIEW TOUR & #GIVEAWAY - Bitten By Design (Regent's Park Pack #2) by Annabelle Jacobs

Bitten By Design - Annabelle Jacobs
Bitten by Design is the second book in the Regent's Park Pack, and we reunite with Jared and Nathan although the focus is on Jared's friend, Seb, this time. The P-Pack is literally sniffing around Seb's door, and one night after a few too many drinks, Seb ends up being injured whilst the shifters scratch at his front door. Luckily for him, he is on the phone to Jared at the time, so help is swift to arrive. The Pack doctor, Tim, also makes an appearance. Although Tim likes Seb, he takes his job seriously, although he does take offence when Jared seems to say that he is incapable of protecting Seb. Seb likes Tim, but he doesn't want to be involved with shifters. He especially doesn't want to turn into one, or to bond with one. However, he is constantly sending out mixed signals to Tim, and is not stupid when it comes to precautions for his own safety.

The overall story arc continues with this book, and the tensions between Regent's Park and Primrose Hill are high. I loved the politics and manoeuvrings, plus the hierarchy of the Pack rules. It was also nice to see that there are 'good guys' in Primrose Hill, it's not just flat out bad. This makes it far more interesting to read.

Now, I have to say that I was wavering between a 3 or 4-star review for this book. My reason for this is simple. Although I loved Seb and Tim, even with all of Seb's mixed signals, something happened here that had irritated me slightly with book 1, but had me shaking my head with book 2. It was the 180` shift in the blink of an eye from being vehemently opposed to being with a shifter and having a bond, to bite me. There was no softening in Seb's attitude, although he was more than happy to get his rocks off with Tim. It is just the flick of a light switch, and all's good.

However, given the consistence of brilliant writing, the well turned out characters, and the intriguing plot, I have decided to give this book a 4-star rating. I thoroughly enjoyed both this book, and book one, and would definitely recommend them. Just mind the niggle!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/04/review-tour-giveaway-bitten-by-design.html