REVIEW BY MERISSA - Touched by Fate (Psy-IV Teams #2) by Jami Gray

Touched by Fate - Jami Gray
Touched by Fate is the second book in the Psy-IV Teams series, and we focus on Risia, the seer, and Tag, the touch-empath. Both of these have a history with each other, basically Risia thinks that Tag doesn't like her AT ALL, whereas the reality is that she threatens his self-control at every turn. These two are thrown together when fate steps in with her size 10, and completely messes up Risia's life. Within a short amount of time, she has witnessed a murder, had her life threatened, been blackmailed, and is still suffering with god-almighty horrible visions that she can't change. Will they be able to work through everything, or is it best to walk away and remain alone?

Once again, Jami Gray has given us an action packed book that will take your breath away. Seriously, it is non-stop, and there is a point when Tag recounts everything that has happened to Risia over the past three days, and it is unreal! The writing is of such quality though, that it doesn't seem 'too much', and you are not lost with what is happening. Think of this book like Shrek's onion analogy! There is layer upon layer of action, intrigue and yes, betrayal.

One of the things that I have absolutely loved about these books is that the characters for the next book are introduced in the current book, but in a way that is completely natural to the story, and helps to move it forward. Nothing is wasted here, everything is done with meaning. With some tender scenes between Tag and Risia, plus some scorching hot ones, there is something here for everyone.

Exceedingly well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this is a wonderful addition to the series. I have no hesitation in recommending this book, and although you could read it as a standalone, why would you? Read book one first, and get the maximum enjoyment out of Jami Gray's writing.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/psy-ivteamsseries1-3byjamigray