REVIEW BY MERISSA - Dark Healer (Dark Lords) by E.J. Powell

Dark healer - E.J. Powell
Dark Healer is the second book that was written in the Dark Lords series, although there is no particular reading order apart from chronological. I haven't read book one although I wish I had. Not because it in any way negatively impacted this story, but just because I enjoyed this one so much. Helena is one of the Dark Lords, policing the vampires, werewolves, etc. Colt is a vampire hunter, and can't see that there can be any good in the species that killed his family. Colt is secure with his life although he does push the boundaries  and bend the rules whenever he can. When these two first meet, Colt thinks that he is helping Helena, although she is more than capable of looking after herself. On paper, these two don't look like they would be right for each other, but it does work for them.

I loved how their story was a slow build up, although the attraction was instantaneous. They both have pain in their pasts, but are willing to try and work past that together. This was a wonderful book to read that has been well written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow. The pace was smooth, building to the climax, and culmination of Helena and Colt's story. I did love one part of the ending, although I won't give out any spoilers. All I will say is a character from the past makes an appearance, and I loved that part! This story is complete, in and of itself, but I would like to read book one, and will definitely be on the look out for more in this series. Recommended by me.

* Verified Purchase - April 2017 *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@E_J_Powell, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/darkhealerdarklordsbyejpowell