NBTM, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - A Vampire's Tale by Maya Tyler

A Vampire's Tale - Maya Tyler
A Vampire's Tale initially reminded me of An Interview with a Vampire as the premise was similar - an old vampire with a story to tell, a young writer chosen and spoken to exclusively. However, as the story starts it is plain to see that this is a completely different story.

Corgan wants to tell his story so that he can 'face the sun'. He's lived a long time and has had enough. Marisa is only 23-years-old and is scraping by on her living as a fiction writer. These two come together, but love and war make an appearance too, and Corgan hasn't been telling Marisa the whole truth.

This book was well written, although I found it to be a bit disjointed at times. There are quite a few scenes where Marisa is monologuing, or describing her dreams, some of which seemed to have no bearing upon the story except to emphasise that she had strange dreams! It moves with a swift pace, and situations are sometimes upon you before you realise it.

It is a different take on the vampire/virgin story, so I would recommend it for anyone wanting something that differs from the norm.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, , ,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/05/nbtm-review-giveaway-vampires-tale-by.html