REVIEW BY MERISSA - Rather Be (Songbird #10) by Melissa Pearl

Rather Be - Melissa Pearl
Rather Be is the tenth and final book in the Songbird series, and gives you the same emotional impact as every book that I have read by this author. Charlie and Nixon were best friends throughout school, and became more during one short break in Yosemite. However, life (and Nixon's father) had different plans than them getting together. So for four years, these two go their separate ways until a chance snowstorm strands them both at JFK airport. Charlie seizes the opportunity of spending time with the man she has always loved but can never have. Nixon can't believe that Charlie is here with him once more, and all his old feelings resurface.

The pacing in this book is superb, it never flags in any area. The writing is smooth and there are no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. The soundtrack that accompanies this story is absolutely spot on, and like with all the books in this series, I love how it tells a story too. There was an added extra in this book though, and I LOVED IT!!! Every couple from the previous books in the Songbird series feature cameo appearances in the Chix storyline! Sheer perfection. We get a small snapshot of their lives and that left me with the warm fuzzies. Definitely and absolutely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@MelissaPearlG, #New_Adult, #Contemporary, #Romance, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/ratherbesongbird10bymelissapearl