BLOG TOUR, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - Shattering Truths (Deadly Veils #1) by Kyrian Lyndon

Shattering Truths  - Kyrian Lyndon
Shattering Truths is the first book in the Deadly Veils series, and details the events of a sixteen-year-old girl called Danielle. Together with her cousin, she is drugged and sexually assaulted. However, her cousin can't remember anything, so Dani is forced to deal with it by herself. It doesn't help that the two men are harassing her by parking near her home and phone calls. The story tells you how she copes with what life is throwing at her, the friendships she makes, and the decisions she has to make.

Whilst the story is a good one, it gets lost in Danielle's memories and loses some of its impact. There is no clear definition between her 'talking' right now and memories of her past. It changes suddenly, sometimes a memory is thrown into the middle of a conversation that she is having with someone. I understand that the history is important to the story, but this just made it feel a bit jerky.

With an abundance of characters who all have their own stories to tell, there is a lot going on in this book. This is a good story, it just felt a bit muddled to me. If you are looking for a literary piece of work, with no romance, then I can definitely recommend this book.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

, ,,

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/05/blog-tour-review-giveaway-shattering.html