REVIEW BY MERISSA - Parallel (Mortisalian Saga #1) by L.J. Stock

Parallel - L.J. Stock
Parallel is the first book in the Mortisalian Saga, telling the story of Cass who is in a Psychiatric Hospital for what looks like the rest of her life. Cass hears noises when water is nearby, horrific sounds of war and people in torment. She has made the best of her life, but things are about to happen that change all that she has known, and all those she thought she could count on.

WOW! This is an amazing #Fantasy #Romance that is so much more! It is full of action, elements, danger, and yes, a dash of romance too. Cass is a brilliant character who is not always full of rainbow sparkles, but has lived through some amazing times. She readily admits to whinging at times, but can also be counted on to dig deep when it matters. She is prepared to make sacrifices to her own happiness, for the lives of others. This is not meant to be sappy in anyway, but a mere statement of truth. I wasn't even halfway through this book when I was wiping at my eyes due to them leaking!

Excellently written, with no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this is a fast-paced story that is everything you could ask for. I highly recommend this book, and can't wait for book 2, From The Shadows.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/05/blog-tour-reviews-from-shadows.html