REVIEW BY MERISSA - Make Me Burn (Isle of the Forgotten #1) by Tiffany Roberts

Make Me Burn - Tiffany Roberts
Make Me Burn is the first book in the Isle of the Forgotten series. The Isle is a place where murderers, rapists, and other criminals who show no remorse, are sent. With a magical barrier, they are unable to leave. With no guards or anyone else to keep an eye on them, it is literally up to the criminals to find their own way to survive. Morthanion gets sent there after he razes a village, the last in a long list. He is none to impressed (to say the least), but he does see Aria not long after. There is something about her that he is drawn to. Although he is happy terrorising others, he doesn't want her to be afraid of him. He goes out of his way to ensure her safety. And when she tricks him, instead of wanting to kill her, he admires her and finds her intriguing instead. However, Island life means that Aria is not safe, even with Morthanion there.

This was a brilliant start to a new series, with excellent world and character building. The Isle itself was clearly described, as well as specific places, and plenty of characters for you to love or loathe. The pace is fast and smooth, with tender as well as scorching scenes too. With no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, this was a wonderful first book, and I can highly recommend it.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!