Make Me Hunger (Isle of the Forgotten #2) by Tiffany Roberts

Make Me Hunger - Tiffany Roberts
Make Me Hunger is the second book in the Isle of the Forgotten series, and we start with the High Mage giving one of his Justicars a job to do on the quiet. He feels that some of the prisoners have been sent there without proper trial, and wants Amnestria to find out for sure. Along in the group though, as their commander, is the one person who Amnestria has a one night history with! The one person who wants that one night again, even though she isn't interested. The others in the team pick up on this, and try to help her any which way they can. During a fight with some of those who have lost their humanity on the island, Amnestria is separated from the rest of them, and Baltherus comes to her rescue - if you can call cuffing and kidnapping her rescue! Although they both have histories and secrets, they seem to be working things out. It isn't just them on the Island though, and real life has a way of intruding...

After meeting Baltherus in the first book, I was hopeful of him turning out to be an alright guy, but I wasn't sure. Amnestria was a strong and sassy female, whilst also having her vulnerabilities. Together, these two are strong and will fight for each other AND what is right. Their story is very well written, with plenty of feels (figuratively and literally!). The pace is smooth and yet it is full of action in all the right places. There were no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt the reading flow, and this book pretty much read itself as I got lost within the pages. It will be interesting to find out what comes next in The Order, and I would personally love to hear more about our happy couples and how life is treating them. Definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/isleoftheforgottenseries1-3bytiffanyroberts