Magic Bound (The Hybrid Trilogy #1) by G.K. DeRosa

Magic Bound - G.K. DeRosa
Magic Bound is the first book of The Hybrid Trilogy and features some characters from the Wilder series. In this story, Aria is working on getting her GED, has a job as a barista, and a dead-end boyfriend that borders on the abusive. One night, she meets Damian but tells him straight up that she is with someone. In an unknown turn of events, she is accepted into a college that she can't even remember applying for. And then it turns out that it is too good to turn down as she has somewhere to live and all expenses paid. Things move swiftly on as Aria's life changes in ways she would never have imagined.

This is a fast-paced story that is full of humour and sass. Aria is a good female lead, although she does seem deliberately dense at times! More in the way that if she doesn't acknowledge what is going on/what everyone else says/gut instinct etc, then it's not really happening. I wasn't sure about the whole Nico and Damian situation, as love triangles really aren't my thing. I don't mind if it's a relationship with three ;) but not a triangle.

This is very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. I found it to be a nice touch having some crossover characters, but also that Aria still gets her own story. A fun, enjoyable book that is definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/magicboundthehybridtrilogy1bygkderosa