Paper Cranes by Jordan Ford

Paper Cranes - Jordan Ford
Paper Cranes is a fairy tale retelling, taking you away from the contemporary romance/suspense that Jordan Ford has previously published. It starts with a sullen Tristan, who has had his life disrupted due to his parents' divorce. He moves away from his mum and her new boyfriend to stay with his dad, but didn't realise that he would end up looking after him. All seems lost as he sinks deeper into bitterness and sadness. However, when he goes to rescue a lost baseball, he finds more than a ball. He finds the light of his life, and so the adventures begin.

As bad as this may sound, each time I start a new Jordan Ford book I think to myself that I can't possible enjoy it as much as I did "...", and yet each time Jordan Ford proves me wrong. I LOVED this fairy tale retelling, mainly because of the tongue in cheek references to Rapunzel that the characters themselves tease each other with. Seeing the rises and falls that Tristan goes through, the calm acceptance of Helena, the joy, love, and laughter that these two share... it's just wonderful. I also have a re-appreciation for Shakespeare and poetry! Now, this book isn't all sweetness and light, so don't think it is, BUT it does show what can happen if you keep the faith in love, hope, happiness, and fairy tale endings.

Exceptionally written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and have no hesitation in recommending it.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/papercranesbyjordanford