Twell and the Uprising (Como Chronicles #3) by Kate O'Leary

Twell and the Uprising - Kate O'leary
ARRRRGGGGHHHHH - that's how I feel about Twell and the Uprising, the final book in the Como Chronicles so far. I say so far because I'm really hoping for an epilogue type story, just because I'm greedy and I really don't want to leave Twell, Jonaz, and co. Once again, this book starts where the last book finished. Twell is held captive by the Abwarzians, and they are not treating her gently! Not only have they put a chip in her head which causes her untold pain, but she is dehydrated and forced to fight. Now, one of the things that I have loved about Twell is that she is NOT a damsel in distress. So when she hallucinated near the beginning of the book, I was wondering what was going on! She'd never been rescued before! Of course, it turned out that she wasn't being rescued, which strangely made me sigh with relief. Even in these circumstances, Twell makes friends with those that you would think she would hate. No, Twell is able to look past things that others can't, which is in part what makes her so dangerous to the G.B. Also, Shanna makes a reappearance.

I won't say anything else about the book as I really don't want to give away any spoilers. Suffice it to say, that I have loved all three of these books, but especially this one. Maybe it's because everything is coming to a conclusion? Maybe it's because I see more of Jonaz in this book? Maybe it's because Maza gets her comeuppance? Maybe it's because Brazin turns into Papa Bear? Or maybe it's because this book/series is simply outstanding and I thoroughly loved every word? Why not read it for yourself and make your own mind up. You won't regret it, I can promise you that. And if you don't? Well, there's always a long walk in the wetlands!

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/comochronicles1-3bykateoleary