Burning Boundaries (Elemental Evidence #2) by Bellora Quinn & Sadie Rose Bermingham

Burning Boundaries - Bellora Quinn, Sadie Rose Bermingham
Burning Boundaries is the second book in the Elemental Evidence series, and we rejoin Jake and Mari as they try to continue their complicated relationship and lives. On top of that, they are also dragged into a situation where someone has spontaneously combusted, which Jake disputes even exists. It does, if you're a Fire Elemental and things have gone screwy. So, with one thing after another, Jake goes undercover whilst Mari does his best not to fret.

I was a bit taken aback by Mari and Jake's relationship at the start of this book, and didn't like Mari much - much to my surprise. Maybe it's because there was a gap between reading books one and two, although that has never been an issue before. I didn't like how he kept Jake on tenterhooks, and played him when Colm and Don where there. Don I liked, Colm I would have happily punched! So yeah, that bit for me? Not so good. The rest of it though, I thoroughly enjoyed. I liked the mystery aspect of it, the mole, the betrayal, the uncertainty. And poor Jake... that's all I'm saying!

Very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, I would recommend this to anyone who has read book one, as you will need to read that to understand the world and backgrounds to receive the full enjoyment of the story (imo).

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/burningboundarieselementalevidence2bybelloraquinnsadierosebermingham