BLOG TOUR, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - It Could Happen by Mia Kerick

It Could Happen - Mia Kerick

It Could Happen tells the story of three friends, a misfit triad who really, according to High School's rules, shouldn't have anything to do with each other. You have Henry, the jock, who above all else is a pleaser. You have Brody, an adrenaline junkie/rich boy. And then there is Danny, emo dude with bad taste in men.

NOW, there is a hint at the beginning that Henry is having 'thoughts' about these friends of his, but he doesn't say anything as he doesn't want to upset the status quo. Brody is the one who never thought of them as anything other than friends, but once he makes his mind up, he's willing to give it a go. And Danny - Danny is the one they do it for, to save him from himself and his inability to stay away from people that are 'bad' for him. However, he is usually the first one to disappear, even though he is the only one who was actually "out". Henry and Brody weren't out, in Brody's case they didn't even consider that they liked males that way, but Brody doesn't have any issues with showing public affection. It is Brody though who ends up alone as Henry deals with a personal crisis, and Danny is of the opinion that if Henry doesn't want you, neither do I.

The premise of this story is a good one, and one that I thought I would thoroughly enjoy. I think the thing that detracted it for me was the lack of connection or why are they doing this with the main characters. Apart from looking after Danny, there seemed to be no other reason, really. And, I'm afraid to say, the second thing for me was the style of writing. For me, Brody's was the only clear 'voice', whilst Henry with his My Life just became annoying. Danny you didn't really hear much from, apart from a few lines of beautifully written poetry. On the whole, I did enjoy this book, but it felt a tad disjointed to me. A lack of cohesion between the main characters.

If you are looking for a three-way M/M/M story, and you want something that is a bit different, then I heartily recommend you give this one a go.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/07/blog-tour-review-giveaway-it-could.html