BLOG TOUR & REVIEW - Under the Boardwalk (Landmarks #1) by Felice Stevens

Under the Boardwalk (Landmarks #1) - Felice Stevens
Under the Boardwalk is the latest book by Felice Stevens, an author that I have long admired. It's starts with last summer, as our two main characters first lay eyes on each other and want more. The timing isn't right though, so a year goes by. Now we are at this summer.

Alexi is an American, with Russian ancestry. He works for his father at the local custard stand, and dreams of travelling the world. Cam is the busker that Alexi dreams about. He has travelled the world, and found that there was no place like home (sorry, couldn't resist!). These two finally connect, and BOOM!!! We're off.

I love Felice Stevens' way of writing. She wraps you up, and immerses you in the story. This is one of her 'sweeter' books, I would say, although there is some low-level angst in here. One thing I will always be grateful for, is the explanation given to Cam about what the difference is between ice-cream and custard. As someone who grew up in England, custard is a hot, sweet, liquid that goes on top of treacle tart, or jam roly-poly. Not in a cone! I was thankful when the explanation was given as I then understood what everyone was eating!
Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/08/blog-tour-review-under-boardwalk.html