RELEASE TOUR, REVIEW & #GIVEAWAY - His Heart (HIS #7) by Sheila Kell

His Heart - Sheila Kell
HIS Heart is the seventh book in the HIS series, and it is time for one of the twins to shine. In this case, it is Matt. Now, Matt had his heart broken eight years ago when Caitlyn pushed him away following a horrific attack. She was dealing with the situation as best she knew, but knew inside that blaming Matt and pushing him away wasn't right. Still, it didn't stop her from doing it. Matt carried the hurt and guilt that Caitlyn laid at his feet, and accepted it as his own. Just when he decides (with a little help from Brad) that he will go see her and apologise, fate (or Sheila Kell) steps in and the whole thing changes.

One of the things that I enjoyed most about this story is that Caitlyn accepts the danger is real, and doesn't do anything stupid. Now, that may seem obvious, but we've all seen it in films and books, where the 'heroine' ignores the open front door and runs upstairs instead. And I've seen it in books, time and again, where the heroine acknowledges the danger, but then acts stupid anyway. So, yes, this bit about Caitlyn? Loved it!

The characters in this are great - most of the Hamilton family we already know, but how other characters are pulled in and made part of the family is a wonderful thing. The other thing that I love about these books is the strong thread of family that pulls it all together. Sheila Kell doesn't just give you one story, and then not mention that character again. She keeps them together, referencing them even if they don't make a physical appearance. This only adds to each book, keeping the continuity and baseline for the series intact.

With no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, I am pleased to say that I was drawn into Matt and Caitlyn's story, and enjoyed every word. Most definitely recommended by me.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarianologist.blogspot.de/2017/09/release-tour-review-giveaway-his-heart.html