Her Knight in Shining Stone (The Gargoyles of New York #1) by Tamsin Baker

Her Knight in Shining Stone - Tamsin Baker
Her Knight in Shining Stone is the first short story in The Gargoyles of New York series. We meet Roman, the elder of four brothers, all gargoyles who have yet to find their mate (Beloved). He is suffering pain when he shifts, a clear sign that he needs to meet his Beloved soon or he will be stuck in his gargoyle form. He finds her working as a waitress and the connection between them is instantaneous. Whilst she feels the connection, Cristiana also has doubts over whether she can be with Roman when she won't see him at all during the day.

Being as this is a short story, it moves along at a very swift pace. I would have preferred to have it 'fleshed out' a bit more - more detail on the history of Gargoyles, the mystery surrounding the danger that is coming to them, Cristiana's history - but that is just me. This was very well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow. I have been left wanting to know more, especially about Rafe. Thoroughly enjoyed it, and would recommend it as a quick read, coffee break, book.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/herknightinshiningstonethegargoylesofnewyork1bytamsinbaker