Seth (Highland Gargoyles #4) by Lisa Carlisle

Seth - Lisa Carlisle
Seth is the fourth book in the Highland Gargoyles series, and we concentrate on how the beta of the pack is feeling now that Raina has chosen someone else. Seth feels he can't stay with the pack, and one day finds himself in a situation where he can carry on forward, or turn back to the pack. As he's already spoken to Ian about his decision, he moves forward, but finds difficulties that he wasn't expecting. He is helped along the way by Hailey, who does the best she can to help him. Not only that, but being with her helps Seth to regain his equilibrium. Both Hailey and Seth have lots to learn about the other, and to figure out where they are going next.

This was a lovely, quick, read that had me engrossed from the very first word. The depth of Seth's feelings when he is on the Island comes across loud and clear, making the reason for his choices completely believable. Luckily for Seth, Hailey is very laid back, taking everything about him in her stride. It's a good job she didn't react like her father, or we could have had a whole new story.

This book was very well written, with a smooth pace, and no editing or grammatical errors that I noticed. I would recommend that you read this as part of the series, simply because you might miss out on some wonderful stories, and also I think you need a little background on what Seth's expectations were, to help understand how he was feeling.

A great addition to the series, and definitely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/sethcalumhighlandgargoyles45bylisacarlisle