Pisces (Zodiac Twin Flame #1) by Rachel Medhurst

Pisces - Rachel Medhurst
Pisces is the first book in a twelve book series called Zodiac Twin Flame. We start with Pisces as the first book, even though it is the twelfth astrological sign in the zodiac. Pisces has six brothers and five sisters, all named for the zodiac sign they were born under. None of them are related by blood, but have grown up as siblings. They are have a 'higher purpose' - to find their Twin Flame and overcome the obstacles placed before them by an opposing faction. Each of the signs has a special gift they can use if need be, but they need to make sure that no one else sees them use it.

Pisces' father always knew she would be first to find her twin flame, but no reason is given. They were all told that when they met their Twin Flame, they would know it. However, Pisces seems to be in a lot of confusion about just who her Twin Flame is. Not only that, but they spend more time running away from each other, and saying they can only be friends, than they do actually getting to know each other. Also, as we see with the mother and father, just getting with the Twin Flame isn't enough, and they will continue to be tested throughout their lives.

I quite enjoyed this book, although the constant running was starting to get on my nerves. There were no grammatical errors that I noticed, but some of the storyline seemed either forced or superfluous to requirements. That being said, this is the first book in the series, and a lot of world building and groundwork needs to be laid to set the scene. A good introduction to the series that leaves me wanting to know more about the others.

* Verified Purchase ~ August 2017 *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!