Foul Play (Barlow Sisters #3) by Jordan Ford

Foul Play - Jordan Ford
Foul Play is the third and final book in the Barlow Sisters Trilogy. This time we focus on Chloe, the youngest of the three. She is a year younger than Maddie and Max, but is stubborn and passionate about what she believes. She knows it is a tough, hard world out there, but is convinced that if she can spread some goodness - just a little bit at a time - then eventually, the world will be a better place. This could lead to a whole world of hurt, but luckily for Chloe, she has a warrior who wants to protect her. A warrior who is down and broken, scarred with life, but not beyond Chloe's help. Together, these two help each other and the world too.

Jordan Ford has managed to write Chloe to perfection. I was a little bit worried from the first two books that she would by 'too' sweet, but instead, she comes across as naive but strong. Vincent is her perfect foil, and does what he can to protect her, even taking physical beatings to keep someone away from her. The storyline that has spread across all three books comes to a close here, and it was the most brilliant ending. It didn't go the way I thought at all, but once I read it, I couldn't envisage it any other way. Max and Maddie don't feature as much in this book, not until the end. We still have parts that overlap with other books, but it is totally from Chloe and Vincent's perspective.

Also, Jordan Ford has once again given me smiles, when she gives an extended epilogue at the end. Yes, I know I'm greedy, but I do love knowing how the characters are getting on at some point in the future. I won't share any spoilers, but I'm happy with how it ends!

Extremely well written, with no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow; this book was a smooth read from start to finish. Absolutely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@MelissaPearlG, #Contemporary, #Young_Adult, #Romance, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/foulplaybarlowsisters3byjordanford